RBM Monday Mixed Doubles
2012 By - Laws
1. The RBM Monday Mixed Doubles Bowling League shall be sanctioned with USBC through their local associations. The league shall consist of 11 teams with a playing strength of two bowlers per team.
2. The league will bowl on Mondays for a period of 13 weeks starting on June 4th, 2012 and ending on August 27th, 2012. All scheduled matches will start promptly at 9:00pm. There will be 5 position matches included in the schedule (weeks 3, 6, 9, 12, and 13).
3. The management of this league shall be vested in the board of directors, which will consist of the officers and team captains. The league membership shall elect officers and the board of directors shall adopt league rules. The majority shall constitute a quorum.
4. The amount to be paid by each bowler each night shall be $18.00 of which $10.00 shall cover the lineage with the balance being place in an account under the league name for the prize fund. Team money envelopes must be handed in to the league treasurer by the completion of the first game. Back dues are not to exceed one week, team captains are responsible for collecting money. Failure to be up to date in league payments will result in forfeiture of points.
5. The salary for the secretary $10.00 treasurer shall be $10.00 per team.
6. A committee of at least three members shall be appointed to draw up a prize list (__________________). The prize list is to be approved by the board of directors and distributed to each team captain by the third week of bowling. To qualify for individual awards, a bowler must bowl in two-thirds of the scheduled games. A bowler or team can qualify for only one special award for high series or game. Team placement trophies will be awarded for the 1st, and 2nd, place teams.
7. Averages will be established on the first three games bowled. Handicap will be based on 80% of 210 with negative handicap.
8. There is an open roster for substitutes. Substitutes will not qualify for prize money or any individual awards. There will be no subs allowed the last two weeks of bowling. All subs must establish a 3 game average; averages from another league will not be accepted.
9. A minimum legal lineup must consist of at least one bowler from the teams current roster (two subs cannot bowl for a team for one night).
10. When a team is declared forfeited or vacant the opposing team must bowl within 20 pins of their current average as a team. Ex. Bowler 1 has an average of 150 and Bowler 2 has an average of 200. Combined average is 350, team must bowl a 330 to tie and a 331 to win.
11. Any bowler not present a blind score of 10 pins less their current average will be used. The vacancy score is 150.
12. A bowler arriving late may catch up providing the fifth frame of the first game has not been completed. For the second and third game there will be no catch up.
13. Position standings will be based on total points won and lost. Any ties for points won on a position night total handicap wood will determine the standings.
14. Standings shall be determined on a point basis, awarding two points for each game won and one point for total wood.
15. If first place is tied at the end of the season a three game roll-off will be bowled to determine first place. Any other positions tied the prize money will be split and divided equally among those tied. For the trophies, total handicap pins will determine the winner.
16. Should first place clinch before the end of the season, they shall bowl last on any given position night. If first and second place are clinched they shall bowl each other.
17. Individual and team Pre-bowling is allowed considering the league secretary and front desk has been notified.
18. Any rules not covered by the league by-laws, USBC rules shall apply.
Secretary – David Haulenbeck
Treasurer – David Haulenbeck
President – Rick Osnato